Monday, July 21, 2008

What a warm weekend!

Well, it was a warm one this past weekend. For those of you who attended our Dance in the Park After Dark last Friday night, thanks! I am sure you had a blast! If you did not attend, you really missed out.

Little Jack Melody and his Young Turks put on a wonderful show! Even as hot as it was many people actually danced! It was so much fun I bet there are a few still recovering!

Music on Saturday in Basin Park was much fun and well attended. We want to give a shout out of thanks to Cletus Got Shot from Fayetteville for gracing our stage. It was refreshing to have something a little different! I really cannot say what you'd call the genre they are but I would say Bluegrass-a-Billy is the only way to describe them.

Sunday was a scorcher and I don't blame anyone who stayed in the air conditioning. It looks like summer has finally reared its ugly head. At least we have four distinct seasons here in Eureka Springs. I know much of the rest of the US isn't so lucky. And believe you me, I have been to places that had only 2 seasons: Hot and Hotter!

More music to come this weekend, we'll keep you updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment